Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Inking Process - Candy Dancer - Not a Tutorial

Inking Process - Candy Dancer - Not a Tutorial

In this post I will take you through how I inked this drawing.
Hello! I was going to go through in detail how I sketched too but since I didn't think of that until I drew on the clothes which is near the end of the sketching of the person so, I don't really have enough to say "this is my sketch process";  I'll just gloss over it for now.


Sketching:

First I sketched out the girl.

 Then I added some more details to her clothes (lace, ribbon, a pattern etc..), along with a basic background.

 Added some more details, like the bow on the lollipop and the leaves on the rose below the girl and that's the basic idea for the sketching process.

Inking:

I started from the top down in the inking process; Until otherwise stated I'm using a 01 Prismacolor assorted pen in black.  

First I started on her hair on her head, then I inked her face; Moving on I inked her loose hair then her shirt area of her dress, and the bow.

Next I inked the first two layers of her dress and her waist.
This part is simply stated but one of the most time consuming parts of the process; I inked the last layer of her dress, notice how it matches the top part of the dress. 

Next  I moved on to inking her legs, feet, arms and hands. 

Now on to the background: I inked the background with a 03 Prismacolor assorted pen.


I fixed up the outlines of parts of the dancer girl with the 03 pen to make it have more depth.
 And that's my inking process!  (I used GIMP to make the image pure black and white without all the shadows of the camera.)





I hope this has been at least a basic idea to help you get started if you don't know how, or at least semi interesting, it's not quite the verbal inensity that you might have expected with explanation but I hope it's good for something. 



May God Bless you, Your Family, Friends; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen


~ Firefly


Useful Links:

Would You Like To Read More Blog Posts Similar To This One? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.
Would You Like To See My Drawings? Click here.

Have A Question?


2 comments:

  1. Great! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome! I'm glad you liked it! :D

      Delete

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D