Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Coloring Process - [Traditional Art] Sunset Voyage (Colored Pencil Drawing)

 Coloring Process - [Traditional Art] Sunset Voyage (Colored Pencil Drawing)


I thought it would be fun for everyone as I try to get my groove back to see a coloring process with basic explanation so for this drawing that's what I will do.

Drawing Information:

I finally watched Mr. Mark Crilley's How To Draw Clouds (Step by Step) video and I liked it and became inspired to draw a sky myself;  I was recently given a box of 72 colored pencils made by Creatology, they are children's pencils kinda like Crayola but a  lower quality (the person bought them at a Micheals craft store), to be honest I like them - I think they get dull a little fast but that's okay, the pack has 36 colors and each color has a double. - So since I have my new pencils to play with and an old sketch book I haven't seriously used that was also given to me a long time ago by an elderly lady (God bless her) I figured okey dokey lets do dis I'mma draw a skyyyyyy!! Yeah...I didn't like it as just a sky, and I didn't like the rainbow I sketched so.. Lo and behold I finally came up with this! I originally wasn't going to have any "people" in it or the rock but it is what it is bless God!  It took a lot of endurance to go the same direction while coloring the sky and water...so hard...
I hope you all like it!


Enjoy!




Time Taken: Approx 4-5 Hours

Coloring Materials:

22 Creatology
18 Prismacolor Premier
1 Art Stick (basically a colored pencil without the wood and isn't round but square)

Other Materials:

Artist's Loft  Hard-Eraser - Erasing pencil lines and making some highlights in the colored pencils.
Prismacolor Blender Pencil - Blending Colored Pencils Together.
Eletric Pencil Sharpener - Sharpening The Colored Pencils.
12 X 18 BienFang Middlesex Sketchbook. - The paper has a course texture. 


May God Bless You, Your Family, Friends; Along With The Health Of Yourself Family and All Who Know You. ~ Amen



~ Firefly


Useful Links:
Would You Like To See More Of My Drawings? Click here.
Would You Like To Read My Blog Posts? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.


Have A Question?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D