Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Friday, June 21, 2013

Drawing Process - {Computer Art} Beautiful Loving Kindness - Coloring Walkthrough (Not Tutorial)

Here's a walk-through on how I color an Image, complete with process pictures and a speedpaint video! This took me about 5-12 hours to draw and color, I used MyPaint and GIMP to color and I used HyperCam to record, all are legally free and I highly recommend all of them.
Remember, this isn't a tutorial this is just a walk-through.

Enjoy!

 

 Drawing Process Using MyPaint and GIMP.

First:

I sketched in MyPaint, somehow sketching with a brush that represent a pencil seems more natural to me, I don't know, it's just much easier that way.


Second:

I "inked" also in MyPaint, using the pen brush (the one that looks like an inking pen in the representation picture), but instead of black I'm going for a more color based look this time, so this will be like a combination of cartoonish and my less hardlined type styles to it.




Third:

I switched to Gimp, fixed a few missed "inked" spots and used the selection, bucket, and grow, tools to color the big areas, I also got the digbat font heart that I use for all my heart Lp's (like Crystal Love and Love can Shine in the Darkness) and stretched it out then alpha selected it and shrunk by 7 pixels and deleted the middle. I made each part (rose, leave, vine, etc..) on a seperate layer so I could shade in MyPaint using the lock alpha channel making it that I don't go outside the colors, it's kind of like having it selected with the selection tool in GIMP.




Fourth: 

I started shading the rose and the leaves, using one of the marker brushes for the softer shadows then the pencil brush for the fine details and such.







Fifth:

I worked on shading the vine using once again the marker and pencil brushes, I also tried to add some other colors to shade to make the surrounding colors appear to be casting a shadow...I'm not sure how well I pulled this off but I tried all the same. 
I also started on the flowers shading them and also making the rose shading a little deeper as well as trying to make the green of the leaves reflect off, I don't think I like that part, I might change it. There's still much to be done but it's coming along! (all the shading is in MyPaint so far)






Sixth:

I've switched to GIMP, and added texture to everything, lighting, and more shading/shadows, and started on the wooden heart; At this point, I'm almost done!

Seventh:


I worked on the heart a bit more until I liked it, did some finishing touches and added a background....Annnndddd....!!!..... I'm done!


Process Video:





  I hope you enjoyed this post, and it's at least given you an idea on how to start if you didn't know what to do or how to do it!



May God Bless You, Your Family, Friends; Along with the Health of Yourself, Family, and all That Know You. ~ Amen



~ Firefly



Useful Links:
Would You Like To See More Of My Drawings? Click here.
Would You Like To Read My Blog Posts? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.


Have A Question?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D