Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

[Tip of the Week; Week 4: Play With Lighting!

[Tip of the Week: Play With Lighting!


I don't know about you, but I almost always, shade from the same direction; This isn't necessarily bad, but it's not particularly good either! I suggest try and shade in other directions than your default.

Example: You shade always from the left? Shade from the right, or from above!

I created a simple process when I challenged myself to this just recently!

My Process: 


1: Draw a similar object 3 times in a horizontal row; I say horizontal so you can compare and make the objects close to the same size. (Don't worry about perfection just make sure it's recognizable) 

2:  Make an arrow next to each object pointing in the direction you want to shade; this is to remind you which way you are going so as to not make unidentifiable shadow directions.

3: Pick your media ( I used colored pencils).

4: Mark off the shadows as outlines then color/shade how you normally would you default direction  only in a new direction.

5: Take your time! And don't be ashamed to use references if needed!


That's my tip for this week! I hope it was helpful.

Have fun!



May God Bless You, Your Family, Friend; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, Friends, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen



~ Firefly


Useful Links:

Would You Like To Read More Blog Posts Similar To This One? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.
Would You Like To See My Drawings? Click here.

Have A Question?
Ask The Firefly!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D