Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

[Traditional Art] Some Practices!

I figured I'd post up some of my practices, maybe it'll help any of you in a mental block!

Lets Begin!

Pencil to sketch out the squares using a ruler, washable markers, colored pencils and crayola paints to play with different patterns and such! - 11X15 Watercolor paper (from Big Lots, so it's not expensive paper at all!)

Bigger Version


Crayola Watercolor tray-paint and white acrylic craft paint; I used a normal pencil to sketch before coloring and a ruler for the cube. - 11X15 Watercolor paper

Bigger Version


Pencil to sketch and Niji tubed watercolor paints. - 11X15 Watercolor paper:

Bigger Version

I had old pencils that are made for black and white drawing and drew a realism challenge!
Her hair is a bit flat, but other than that I'm pretty happy with it!

 Materials Used:
Bigger Version
  • 6B Drawing Pencil - Darker tones
  • Standard HB #No 2 Pencil (like what you use for home work!) - Mild Tones and Sketching
  • 0.07 mm Hard Lead Mechanical Pencil - Fine lines
  • Knead-able eraser, Add on eraser (what you put on the end of a pencil), a semi soft eraser. ( was aiming for different lighting with them)
  • Paper blender (it's like a white stick but it's made out of a paper type thing and you use it for blending)
  • White pen (but it didn't really end up all that visible. :S)





This here was a challenge I did for myself! Try and shade the same object in 3 different directions!
I sketched first and made arrows to show where I want to come from so I can keep my mind better focused! - The objects aren't perfectly similar but they're pretty close.

Bigger Version

Then I colored them!
Bigger Version

Pencils:
  • 10 Prismacolors
  • 8 Crayola
  • HB #No 2 pencil - Sketching

Other:
  • 3/0 paint brush
  • White craft acrylic paint
  • 12X18 Inch Sketch pad, slightly textured paper, 60lb
  • Colored Blender Pencil
A more detailed look at how to do this type of challenge yourself can be found here.

 I hope this was enjoyable to look at, and maybe it helped you get ideas on how to get out of artist's block!

May God Bless You, Your Family, Friend; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, Friends, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen


~ Firefly


Useful Links:
Would You Like To See More Of My Drawings? Click here.
Would You Like To Read My Blog Posts? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.


Have A Question?
Ask The Firefly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D