Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Four "Can Do" Options - Tips When An Art Piece Seems To Be Going No Where.

The 4 "Can Do" Options - Tips When An Art Piece Seems To Be Going No Where. 



Opening Thoughts:

We've all had issues or are in issues that are hard right? And you eventually get out. Whether you thank Divine Intervention or not, it does happen. - But life issues aside, how can we deal with it when we work hours on a drawing, painting, sculpture, or even a music piece and you feel like it's going no where? I hate that feeling, so, to attempt to cause others not have that feeling, I shall tell some ways to get out of this “slump” as it were.

Main thoughts:


There are Four things you can do.
I don't say these WILL work for you, we're all different, maybe you've tried these already and you know them, in that case call me Madam Doctor Obvious and throw tomatoes at me...But you have to find and catch me first! Ha!

The Four Things Are:
  • Take a break for a few minutes or even a few days then go back to it.
  • Refresh your mind
  • Leave out distractions
  • Give up on it

Take a break:

If you have spent a significant amount of time on a piece or art, or even a section of it and it doesn't seen to be working out for you, or it just will not cooperate, get up and walk away! I don't mean give up on it, I just mean take a break, after a while your creative juices die down and they need to be replenished. This would lead to my next point...

Refresh your mind:

People do this different ways, some like music, some like to watch a video or movie either online or TV, others like to read or get something to eat and/or drink. Find what you see works to refresh your mind, we're all different, maybe none of what I said will help you refresh your mind. - And this would take me to...

Leave out distractions:

Granted I just said walk away and do something else for a while but lets face it, some of us have the attention spans of spinach in a can and end up forgetting or giving up on something because we were distracted too long, or am I the only one in this!?

When you are..Okay Lets not put my attributes on you! When I'M distracted I tend to loose all motivation for hours, and sometimes days and even eventually giving up out of no motivation.

DON'T DO THAT! THAT'S BAD!

If things distract you like what was mentioned above to relax you, like music, videos, or something else, avoid it! Sometimes I even get away from the internet just so I'm not distracted!
If you have an MP3 Player and you NEED music to draw, use that instead. - Internet can tempt you, it's got daemon blood I tell you!! One little thought like - ”...Email...maybe I should check it...No! I'm coloring something...But what if I got a message...No, I'm busy, no internet for me!..GAH ALRIGHT! I'mma look at my email.” -  then you have nothing in your inbox, so you decide look on your site of choice see if anything is new, then you go to another place and before you know it, your drawing is calling a psychiatrist thinking it's got a problem when it's you who can't ignore email for a few hours! Don't ignore the drawing in the name of email! Your mail-box will be there 2 hours from now.

Give up on it...for now!

Maybe in the end, giving up is the right thing, maybe you messed up in a truly unrepairable way, I don't mean the eye color is blue and you wanted green, or maybe you put an odd shadow and you are distraught for the moment, for that walk away, depending on the media those can be fixed pretty easy normally, I mean like, the paint dripped down and you have a dripping mess, that I'd put away and take it as a loss, accidents happen, and everything can't be finished all the time! But I don't think you should throw those away, as painful as they are to look at, they are good reminders on what not to do, and also maybe in days, months or years to come then pass again you might learn how to fix the mistakes and you can have a new masterpiece!

Final Thoughts:

Unless your job is to do some kind of art and you HAVE to do it, if you're not enjoying yourself, just get away from it for a while, after all, you're spending effort and time you will never get back so do what you enjoy! - If none of these ways work for you, feel free to ignore me and throw the tomatoes when you find me. If one of these work for you, well I'm happy to have been of service!

Now get out there and do what you love!..Just don't get hurt doing it!



May God Bless You, Your Family, Friend; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, Friends, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen

~ Firefly

Useful Links:

Would You Like To Read More Blog Posts Similar To This One? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.
Would You Like To See My Drawings? Click here.

Have A Question?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D