Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Things Must Get Worse Before They Get Better!

We've all drawn a drawing and we don't see it coming together, but you've spent so much time on it.."Is it worth it?" You ask yourself; I say in response, "Yes, yes it is."


When I'm coloring a picture I often get discouraged in the base stages, because let me be honest, it looks terrible, I mean it's just sad. I've given up on a lot of images because of that, but I have learned to not be so critical and maybe look away for a while and come back.

Let me show you an example:

Here is the base coloring stage for the grapes to my dancer girl I'm working on:

To me this is just terrible to look it, it's horrible! But I spent too much time on this piece of art to give up now! So I kept at it:




Look at it now, it looks much better! In the light it even shines a little.
See? Maybe I did it with grapes, but it can be done with anything; Often times it just takes keeping the panic mode to a minimum, take a breather, step back, get a class of water come back and just over that “Oh no it's ruined!” phase. Work at it! Things must look or get worse before they get better, in everything not just art.


Are all cases with happy endings? No, but that doesn't mean we can't aim for it!

Now go draw a picture, sing a song, or write a story and have fun!


May God Bless You, Your Family, Friend; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, Friends, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen

~ Firefly



Useful Links:

Would You Like To Read More Blog Posts Similar To This One? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.
Would You Like To See My Drawings? Click here.

Have A Question?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D