Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Monday, September 2, 2013

[Traditional Art] Inking Process - Il Gatto Con I Fiori Di Primavera

[Traditional Art] Inking Process  - Il Gatto Con I Fiori Di Primavera

This is the inking process of a new drawing I hope to actually finish without getting bored half way through...This isn't a "tutorial" this is just a walk through of what I did.

The pens I used are my "Prismacolor Premier Assorted Markers", the sizes are as follows:
  • 005
  • 03
  • 05

Okay Lets Begin!


The drawing is this one here.


1:

I started on the face of the cat using my 05 pen, first the "hair" and then the eye and the top half of the muzzle. - On the muzzled I tried my best to do a swift but careful line as to make it smooth and not ridged, I started from the first indication of the "bridge of the nose" down and around until half-way through the mouth, then started from the end of the mouth until the end of the first line.



2:

I inked the bottom of the mouth and face along with the rest of the hair that I wanted to keep, the ears and the nose. - To make the hair look smooth and sleek I tried to do swift lines.



3:
Next I went to the cloth that's around the cat's neck (I guess it's a scarf) and the lady bug on the cat's head. - Again, using swift smooth lines with the pen, trying to keep the pen flat down on the page not on a slant.




4:
I inked the butterflies wings and body but not his legs and feet.


Now I have switched to my 03 pen and added the pattern on the scarf and the little ladybug. - I didn't worry about how perfect the pattern looked as the flowers look kinda sketchy and simple anyway.



5:

I've now moved  on to the butterfly and added the rest of his details (legs, feet simple pattern etc...), and inked the daffodil.


6:

Next I inked the iris that's tucked behind the cat's head, along with one of the small butterflies and the ladybug on the iris.



7:
Afterwards I inked the tulip and the lily that is intertwined within the leaves, and the other butterfly along with the little ladybug on the lily leaf.  - At this point the initial lines are down and I'm almost done.


8:

Lastly I added the final details to the fur, thickened outlines on the flowers and cat, alone with tuned up the eyes; For this I used my 005 alone with the 05 and 03. - An I'm done!



I hope this was helpful or at least interesting! 


 
May God Bless You, Your Family, Friend; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, Friends, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen

~ Firefly


Useful Links:

Would You Like To Read More Blog Posts Similar To This One? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.
Would You Like To See My Drawings? Click here.

Have A Question?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D