Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Few Tutorials and Challenges!

Over the last week I followed a few tutorials and did a few "challenges".
I hope somebody likes them!
Enjoy!


1. The Lighting Challenge


I have done this challenge before a few years ago, and described my process but this time was a little different. This time I also used a different media for each angle.


2. Following Tutorials By Mark Crilley.


I first followed his current (as of May 30th) tutorial on How to Draw Baymax From Big Hero 6 (Must see that movie else you're not living life right!). After that one I followed How to Draw a Mouth/Lips Front View. Lastly I followed How to Draw a Mouth/Lips 3/4th View. I showed him (via internet of course!) and he said they were beautiful! I feel cool enough to do this.


I used 2 different HB #2 pencils (one was cheaper so it was more scratchy and made darker marks), a black prismacolor (must stay true to Crilley tradition!), cotton swabs for blending, kneadable eraser for normal erasing as well as highlights, and I broke my own tradition of NEVER using a ruler (because I in all honesty hate them) and followed the tutorial even down to using one. Which it worked out good but I still hate rulers.....I'll get over that....Eventually...Yeah..

I also hardly ever use grayscale, I do ink drawings but that's black and white. So since I don't do any of these things I'm pretty proud of my results!




3. "Right Hand Challenge" (For me it's the Left Hand Challenge!)


The challenge is originally called right hand challenge because most people are right-handed but because I am in the same category as Einstein I am left handed. ( I kid about being Einstein but he was left handed)

The point of this challenge is you draw a picture with your "favorite hand" and then try and draw it again with your "dumb hand" (the one you don't use as much). I drew something I know good, a sunflower. This actually got me feeling physically sick going against my body's natural rhythm. But I managed to finish it! - I think considering I'm not ambidextrous at all this came out pretty well.


Just a normal pencil.




______

 
May God Bless You, Your Family, Friend; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, Friends, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen


~ Firefly


Useful Links:
Would You Like To See More Of My Drawings? Click here.
Would You Like To Read My Blog Posts? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.


Have A Question?
Ask The Firefly!

2 comments:

  1. I'm naturally left handed too :) congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D