Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Monday, April 11, 2016

Mourning Monastery - Timelapse + Poem Excerpt

This week we get a speedpaint! Ohhhh God, it's been so long since I've drawn/painted a picture on the computer that my arm literally hurts right now. It had a pump for a while even, that's just sad to be honest...but anyway.

Okey so, this is a darker drawing than what I normally do but it's based off of a poem I wrote and my writing is normally somewhat dismal with a dash of sass so...Yep.

I also tried out a new screen recorder called ShareX...I don't know if I like it or not yet, the number one thing I don't like so far is I can't find a pause feature only stop, and lots of clips is a pain to edit so...........

I'll give an excerpt from the poem since it'll give the artwork more context. There are 8 verses these are 1, 3, 8.

Look at these old walls,
Perfected in their height,
Sculpted as if from angels in all their holy light.
Painted ceilings a plenty,
Majesty of which only the galaxies would compete,
But yet there is rubble, and dust on the seats.
 ...
These walls though having no voice,
Looking at them they speak,
They remember the times when they used to be a sanctuary for the weak.
The echos of hymns and spiritual songs echo in the gale,
If you listen close these echos prove that will angels prevail.
...

Perhaps though a brighter end will come to pass, and in to play,
Maybe the sun will shine again and show the light of day,
And possibly, you never know, maybe back will come the might,
And maybe, just possibly, back will come the Holy Light.


Everything drawn/made in GIMP.






I hope you enjoyed this little set here.
Thank you for looking!


~ God Bless ~

~ Firefly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D