Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Friday, March 6, 2015

[Traditional Art ] Mushrooms and a Butterfly

I saw this video a while ago where a woman was using baby oil to blend colored pencils....so I tried it out. This took me about 6 or 7 hours, I'm not used to working so much in just one media for a single drawing so this was very hard for me. There is a small amount of white paint (the whitedots) and some highlights on the rock and other mushroom but you can't really see it on the mushroom I used different brands and they all seemed to blend with baby oil so I think that's a good sign.


Enjoy!


Colored Pencils:

Bigger Version
  • 31 - Prismacolor Pencil
  • 1 - Art Stick (Prismacolor)
  • 6 - Crayola
  • 2 - EK Memory Pencils
  • 4 - Other

Other:

  • 140LB Watercolor Paper
  • Handheld Pencil Sharpener
  • Cotton Swabs - Blending
  • White Paint - White dots, some highlights
  • Baby Oil - Blending The Colored Pencils
  • HB #2 Pencil  -  Sketching

_________________________

Useful Links:

Would You Like To See More Of My Drawings? Click here.
Would You Like To Read My Blog Posts? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.
Have A Question?
Ask The Firefly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D