Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

[Traditional Art] Elegance

Bigger Version
This is a purly wet media drawing (excluding sketching materials), using watercolor, washable marker, white pen, and black prismacolor pens.  This is me using minimal stuff compared to the loads of stuff I normally use, I like this way because it's smoother and as a side thing the white pen is smoother than with pencil under it.



Bigger Version

Materials Used:

  • Rapheal Watercolor Paints (and the brush that comes with them)
  • 17 - Crayola Washable Markers
  • 005, 01, 03, 08 - Prismacolor Pens
  • White Gel Pen - Sakura
  • Pencil - Sketching
  • Canson Mixed Media Paper 








Enjoy!



May God Bless You, Your Family, Friends; Along With The Health Of Yourself, Family, And All Who Know You. ~ Amen

~Firefly



Useful Links:
Would You Like To See More Of My Drawings? Click here.
Would You Like To Read My Blog Posts? Take A Look At The Official Blog Archive.
Have A Question?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! This looks rather good, and the colors are vivid to the extreme. However, and since it's a still life take, I can comment; the overall feeling is a little flat - like the objects had been squished between a page of a book (like dried flowers). How to better create the illusion of the objects actually existing within a space is somewhat of a challenge, but can be managed most easily by implementing an actual background or a canvas behind the objects, or rather so that the objects are incorporated in the vista, and cast shadows and interact with the environment they exist in.

    I am still pondering whether you used an image reference or not when drawing this, as it somehow seems cartoony, and thus adheres to your personal style, but often when doing still lives, a reference image or an actual scene before your eyes is used, and that seems to be the idea of it. Here's a painting I did when I was back at art school some 10 years ago: http://www.skyesken.org/temp/still_life.jpg. As you can see, it's pretty much trash, as back then I had no vision or sense of positioning. I could choose any angle of the still life setting, and this is what I chose! It's all about absorbing the setting to your mind and creating the best possible layout you can from what you see before your eyes. Anyway, if this was not a still life, but instead simply an imaginary setting - well, you should try a still life! It teaches a lot from setting up a view to paint.

    At any rate, great work and keep the honey coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment!
      I personally think the 10 year old painting is adorable. XD
      The perspective seems a bit off but the little white thing that looks like a puppy or something is cute!

      This isn't a still-life in the sense I had a reference, I just drew it out of my head.
      I've tried still life but I'm lost trying to draw something I didn't think in my head I don't get it. xD - Maybe I can try again...But I'd probably do it on the computer first I apply techniques from traditional to computer and computer to traditional so I should figure it out eventually. xD

      I think part of the "flatness" is because I didn't put a shadow under anything to make it seem more 3D...I did that because if I messed the shadow up the image would have been ruined and I loved how it came out I didn't want to chance it! LOL

      Kiitos! (Should be thank you xD!)

      Delete

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D