Moko-Young's Factoid Firefly album on Photobucket

Thursday, June 2, 2016

#MayWeDrawDaily Review

You may recall about 3 or so weeks ago in my 13+1 drawing challenges for visual artists post, that I mentioned #MayWeDrawDaily as one of the challenges. Well, May is over and this is how it went for me.

At first I wasn't going to participate, mainly because I can't make a video and I felt bad. But after a few days I figured meh why not, at least I can post it someplace. So I did, and I suppose it went well overall.
Click image to see bigger.
I did get a lot more drawings done than I normally would, and I enjoyed learning new techniques (One of which will be in another post, it was just so much fun I have to share it) I did everything from using children's acrylic paints, watercolor, pen, mixed media, and even a collage. I really got creative. I took myself out of what's right to what is fun. Somethings in life we don't make that decision but for artwork it's okay, if you don't want to outline one part but you do another, you do that! If people can draw two eyes on the same side of a face with the rest of the face being a profile, I think we've lost all reasoning already so you do whatever your little heart pleases as long as it's not malicious in some way!

Anyway, I think this challenge did improve my skills in a lot of ways, and I learned new ones. It seems every time I draw or paint, I'm learning something new. I'm in this artistic stage where everything is opening up to me. Maybe it's a maturity thing where I'm in the first years of adult-hood everything has to grow up with me, no idea and I don't really care because this is awesome!!!!

I did 21/31 days, so not the entire month, but I learned so much, and had so much fun. Looking back on it, it's much more fun than when you're in the moment just trying not to mess up this concept you like so much.
Do I like every picture I did? Nah, but I have my favorites.

So in closing, next May I HIGHLY recommend doing this challenge. And if you wanna challenge yourself now, just start in whatever month you are reading this and go and try and draw every day. It doesn't have to be the same drawing. Say you are an acrylic painter. Just work on that painting every for the whole month (if it's big enough) or do a series of small paintings...I don't know! Just have fun.

Here's a slide show if you want to see the images bigger.
Note: I use PhotoBucket, some browsers can't see PhotoBucket. 




Flash:
Moko-Young's May We Draw Daily album on Photobucket




I hope you enjoyed my little overview!


~ God Bless ~

~ Firefly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please when commenting take note of the "Posting Guidelines" page listed on the top of this blog. This insures that your comment will be seen by others and not just me when I'm doing comment moderation. Have a nice day! :D